Here at Huffines Hyundai Plano, we want all our customers to get the best value from their purchase of a new Hyundai or quality used vehicle. Hyundai offers a range of features for their customers, including innovative technological features, such as the Bluelink app. If you’re considering buying a new or late-model pre-owned Hyundai, learning about the Bluelink app can help you choose the right model. Keep reading to find out what the Bluelink app is, what it does, how much it costs, and how you can use it to your advantage.
What Is MyHyundai With Bluelink App?
Bluelink is an app created by Hyundai to optimize drivers’ experience with their Hyundai car or SUV. Drivers can install the app on their phone or other mobile device and use it to control a wide range of car functions, even when they’re not in the car. There are different versions of the app for conventional and electric cars, each with their own features. Currently, the Bluelink app is compatible with mobile devices using iOS 8 and above or Android 5.0 Lollipop and higher. The app is available on most Hyundai models from 2013 onward. Bluelink includes the following three packages:
- Bluelink Connected Care is the car safety and roadside assistance package, which gives you access to 24/7 call center help. Agents can help you find emergency care or summon roadside assistance in case of a stall or flat tire.
- Bluelink Remote package enables you to start your car, turn on climate control, or locate your car from a mobile app. To use these features, you’ll need to enable Bluetooth on both your car and phone.
- Bluelink Guidance package is Hyundai’s innovative search and route guidance program, which uses Google Destination Search to give you information about your surroundings and find the perfect route for your journey. With the app, you can save a route on your phone and upload it immediately to your car.
You can choose any of the Bluelink packages to add to your vehicle or opt for all three, giving you access to the full range of Hyundai’s technological tools.
What Does Bluelink Do?
The following are some of the tasks you can accomplish if you have all three Bluelink packages installed in your Hyundai:
- Start your car remotely.
- Adjust the temperature from your phone.
- Run a self-diagnostic on your car’s engine and electric systems.
- Find your car in a parking lot from a one-mile radius.
- Get a Monthly Vehicle Health Report (MVHR) about your car’s performance.
- Save special locations as Points of Interest, which pop up on your guidance system.
- Activate the horn or lights from your phone.
- Unlock your car using a Digital Key (for Android users only).
- Receive a driving score that can make you eligible for lower insurance rates.
How Much Does Bluelink Cost?
If you buy a new Hyundai, you’ll get three years of complimentary Bluelink Connected Care service from Hyundai. If you sign up with your credit card, you might also be eligible for a three-year trial of Bluelink Remote and Guidance packages. That’ll give you enough time to decide whether you want to keep each package after your trial period expires. If you buy a Hyundai model from 2017 or earlier with Bluelink capability, you might get complimentary packages with shorter trial periods or free access to Connected Care only.
After your trial period is over, you can choose to continue the Bluelink service by enrolling in a monthly or yearly subscription for each package you want. Monthly subscriptions are $9.90 per month per package, and you can save by enrolling in an annual subscription, which is $99 per year per package. You can choose just one package or enroll in all three. If you’re planning to buy a used Hyundai, ask a sales representative about the dealership’s ability to add Bluelink to used Hyundai vehicles.
Why Should You Get the Bluelink App?
The Bluelink app can improve your safety and make your driving experience more convenient. Because of the three packages, you can choose the features that are most important to you. If you choose the Bluelink Connected Care package, you can feel confident taking long road trips and driving at night since you’ll have immediate support from roadside assistance. The Remote package enables you to adjust the cabin climate before you even get into your vehicle, ensuring a comfortable ride in all weather conditions, while the Guidance package can show you your destination much more quickly than traditional GPS options.
The value of the Bluelink app goes beyond the driving experience. This system can assess your car’s performance and tell you when you need to get service. The MVHR can give you valuable information about your car’s key systems, which can help you save money on repairs and routine maintenance. If you choose to share your driving performance information with insurance companies, you can use the data to get lower insurance costs.
How To Get the Most Out of MyHyundai With Bluelink App
The following are some best practices for using MyHyundai with Bluelink app:
- Make sure your phone has a full battery charge when you start your car.
- Place your phone on your Hyundai’s wireless charging pad or plug it in using a cable.
- Unlock your phone before starting your car to ensure the app can access any necessary tools.
- Always carry your key card with you, even if you use the Digital Key option.
- If you have problems syncing, turn your Bluetooth off and on again.
The MyHyundai with Bluelink app is a valuable tool that can increase your safety and comfort while you’re driving your new or pre-owned Hyundai. If you’re looking for the perfect set of wheels for your next adventure, consider a new Hyundai or a certified pre-owned model with Bluelink capability. Whether you’re looking for a sensible sedan or a rugged crossover, our inventory is available for you. Stop by our Plano lot to speak to a team member today.