These days, more and more car brands are offering popular models as advanced, innovative hybrid versions, and Hyundai is no different. Driving a hybrid car comes with a diversity of advantages, making it worthwhile to at least consider investing in one of these options. For one, hybrid vehicles rely in part on electrical energy. This means they use fewer fossil fuels than a normal vehicle. Hybrids can also save you money on gas. This is especially beneficial when gas prices are high.
Here at Huffines Hyundai Plano in Plano, Texas, we offer hybrid versions of two crowd favorites, the Tucson and Santa Fe. If you’re looking for a sleek, reliable, and fuel-efficient SUV, both the 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid and the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid are great choices. These vehicles offer roomy cabins, excellent safety features, and powerful engines, among other attractive features. Read on to compare these two models and determine the best one for you.
The range of a car is the distance it can travel before running out of gas. The 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid boasts up to 38 mpg on the highway. The vehicle uses more electric power and less gas at lower speeds, leading to better mileage. In addition, regenerative braking converts energy into electric power, recharging the battery.
The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid provides a similarly great range of up to 36 mpg in the city. Regenerative braking allows this vehicle to pulse with recycled energy. Of course, just like with the Tucson Hybrid, lower speeds mean this vehicle is relying on power from electricity over gas.
The 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid has a 1.6-liter turbo engine with 226 horsepower for significant power. The HTRAC all-wheel-drive equipment makes it easy to drive over diverse terrain. Its e-handling technology combines traction control with the hybrid electric motor to provide precise cornering performance and handling.
With the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid, you’ll get a 1.6-liter turbo engine with 226 combined horsepower. You’ll also get a 44 kW electric motor and a 1.5 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery. All this, coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission and HTRAC all-wheel drive standard on all trims, will allow you to navigate all kinds of rough terrain and inclement weather confidently.
The interior of the 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid has plenty of features to keep both you and your passengers cozy. Climate control with multi-air mode softens airflow, ensuring the cabin has a natural, airy feel. The panoramic sunroof lets in a lot of natural light, and the best-in-class rear leg room supports the comfort of your backseat passengers. Intuitive displays and controls are easy to use and allow you to navigate with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Plus, wireless charging comes in handy in a pinch.
Inside the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid, you’ll find a futuristic, comfortable space with ambient lighting, leather-trimmed seating, and centralized climate control. You also have access to the Harman Kardon sound system, providing an immersive listening experience. An extra-large display and high-resolution touch screen add even more sophistication to the modern interior. Wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto allows you to stay connected to apps, maps, and infotainment, wherever the road takes you.
Here are just a few of the driver-assist safety technologies available in both Tucson Hybrid and Santa Fe Hybrid models for 2022:
- Highway driving assist.
- Lane-keeping assist.
- Blind-spot view monitor.
- Surround-view monitor.
- Driver attention warning.
- Ultrasonic rear occupant alert.
- Forward collision avoidance helps with pedestrian detection.
- Blind-spot collision-avoidance assist.
- Lane following assist.
- High beam assist.
- Smart cruise control.
- Rear cross-traffic collision avoidance assist.
- Parking collision avoidance assist.
Trims and Pricing
Here are the 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid trims and prices:
- The Blue starts at $29,750. Along with the best mpg at 38 combined, this trim has intelligent cruise control, a Blue Link connected car system, and an HTRAC all-wheel drive.
- The SEL Convenience starts at $32,350. This balanced trim comes with 37 mpg combined, 19-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, and a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster.
- The Limited starts at $38,050. This premium hybrid trim boasts 37 mpg combined, a 10.25-inch touch-screen navigation system, a blind-spot monitor, and a remote intelligent parking assist system.
The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid has the same three trim names with different features. Explore the following trims and prices for this model:
- The Blue starts at $34,300. This trim offers 34 combined mpg, a hands-free smart liftgate with auto open, and a 12.3-inch fully digital gauge cluster.
- The SEL Premium starts at $38,360. With this trim, you’ll get 32 mpg combined, a 10.25-inch touch-screen navigation system, 19-inch alloy wheels, and a panoramic sunroof.
- The Limited starts at $40,710. This trim provides drivers with 32 mpg combined and a remote smart parking assist feature.
As you can see, both the Tucson Hybrid and the Santa Fe Hybrid offer high-quality technologies to make your drive safer and more enjoyable for both you and your passengers. Hyundai also offers plug-in hybrid versions of both the Tucson and the Santa Fe. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) can be recharged, increasing the fuel efficiency of your ride. With the variety of gas-powered, hybrid, hybrid plug-in, and fully electric options from Hyundai, there are plenty of ways to meet your transportation needs.
Choosing between these two fantastic hybrid models may be challenging. That’s why the team at Huffines Hyundai Plano is here to assist you with your decision at every step. If you have any questions about these vehicles or our other offerings, please feel free to contact us, and one of our trained professionals will be more than happy to help you. You can also peruse our other new vehicles or browse our used car inventory to find the ideal car, truck, or SUV for your lifestyle.