The Crayola Experience brings your favorite crafts to life in a wild and interactive way. If you love coloring, painting, sculpting, and interactive digital art, you’ll love this Plano attraction! Learn more about all the Crayola Experience has.
Attractions at The Crayola Experience
The Crayola Experience offers an extensive range of activities and attractions.
- Activity Studio: This craft table offers an ever-changing selection of projects that you can color, cut, and paste.
- Adventure Lab: Grab a tablet and get to work saving the lab! This interactive attraction features a series of puzzles and riddles to solve as you follow the storyline.
- Be a Star: Step into the photo booth for a picture and watch as it’s magically transformed into a printed coloring book page!
- Cafe Stage: The stage in the Cafe area hosts live shows throughout the day that detail the magic (or perhaps science) behind popular Crayola products.
- Character Meet-n-Greets: Crayola crayon and marker characters pop up periodically at the Crayola Experience to pose for photos with your family.
- Color Playground: When the kids need to burn off some energy, the Color Playground is the perfect place to go. Children will encounter larger-than-life crayon boxes to slide out of, challenging obstacle courses, tall climbable towers, and thrilling bridges in this two-story play structure.
- Colossal Caddy: This gigantic coloring station lets you color to your heart’s delight using quality Crayola products.
- Cool Moves: Jump, spin, and groove to the beat at the Cool Moves interactive exhibit where animated crayons mimic the moves that you make in front of the screen.
- Crayola Factory Show: Crayon characters join forces with an official Crayonologist to produce genuine crayons in this live theater show.
- Create and Play: Grab a tablet and explore Crayola’s Create and Play app for free. The app is filled with kid-friendly games featuring arcade-style fun.
- Drip Art: The Crayola Experience takes classic spin art to a new level with melted wax in place of the more traditional ink or paint used for this craft. This hands-on experience lets you drip your chosen colors onto a piece of swirling paper for a stunning art piece that you get to take home.
- Kaleidoscope: Stand in front of this exhibit and watch as your face is incorporated into the kaleidoscope spinning on the screen.
- Melt & Mold: At the Melt and Mold station, you can turn regular crayons into uniquely shaped pieces of wax art. Keep your new wax item as a souvenir or go ahead and color with it!
- Modeling Madness: Create a playful sculpture at this station using Crayola Model Magic compound. The compound itself is available in a range of colors, but you can also mix your own by staining it with markers and mixing the color in by hand.
- Outside the Box: One of the newest attractions, Outside the Box is a fascinating exhibit that shows how a variety of Crayola products came to be.
- Paint Palette: Grab some paints and paper and create your own masterpiece at this craft station. It even features a giant drying oven so you can make sure your art is safe to handle before you take it home.
- Rainbow Rain: Stand in front of this interactive screen and watch as a digital image of melted wax cascades off your shoulders, hands, and head.
- Scribble Scrubbies: Every guest gets a voucher for one Scribble Scrubbie character that you can color, wash, and color again.
- Scribble Square: Grab dry erase markers and chalk and color all over this immersive exhibit.
- Silly Selfies: Create a unique digital mask to take your selfie game to the next level.
- Stomp and Play: Hop, twirl, and run around this interactive space where your movements influence the actions on the surrounding screens.
- Texture CRAYze: Make original crayon rubbings using a variety of characters and shapes.
- Toddler Town: This tot-sized playground is perfect for climbing and exploring.
- Trading Post: For an added fee, you can pull up a chair at the Trading Post and play with different art mediums, like fabric or sand.
- Wrap it Up: Pick a crayon, give it an original name, and have it wrapped before your eyes as a special souvenir.
- You Design: Design a virtual race car or fashion dress and watch them come to life on the screen in a runway walk or speedy racecourse.
Snacks and Dining
At Cafe Crayola you can fuel up with a full lunch. The menu includes all your favorites like pizza, chicken fingers, and salad. Hours are often limited to midday on weekends. At other times you may want to check out other nearby restaurants in Plano for your lunch break. For dessert, you can stop by the Crayola Experience’s Sweet Shop and get cotton candy, cookies, fudge, and other treats.
At The Crayola Store, you can stock up on all your favorite Crayola craft supplies and discover some new products you’ve probably never seen. This store hosts the largest selection of Crayola products in all of Plano. Not only will you find classic bits and pieces, like markers and crayons, but you’ll also get access to items that simply aren’t available anywhere else. Pick up a personalized two-pound crayon, take home plush crayons to snuggle, or grab a themed tee shirt to commemorate your visit.
Admission and Annual Passholder Perks
You can purchase admission a day at a time, but locals may want to consider an annual pass. This gives you a year of unlimited visits at any location, free or discounted tickets for friends, and discounts on food, merchandise, and parties at the Crayola Experience. With Silver and Gold passes, you even get a popcorn bucket and a set number of refills. Each month, passholders are eligible for extra perks as well, such as BOGO deals in the store, exclusive Scribble Scrubbies, and more.
Have you had a chance to explore the Crayola Experience Plano? Let our team at Huffines Hyundai Plano know what you thought so we can make sure we’re giving our customers the most up-to-date insights and recommendations for local fun!
Image via Flickr by Discover Lehigh Valley, PA